- Create admissions profile
- Check on application status
Connect with us
Housing and Residence Life Signature Programs and Events
- Week of Welcome Activities
- The events that take place during Barry University's Week of Welcome invite all new students into the Barry Community. Pool parties, campus tours, dances, scavenger hunts, and other programs are combined with orientation so new students have various opportunities to get to know each other, and the University. Events are offered by Housing and Residence Life staff, Student Activities, and most other departments that make up the Division of Student Affairs. They are geared towards easing each new student's transition into college life and the Miami area.
- Annual Trick-or-Treat Event
- The Trick-or-Treat event is a long-running tradition at Barry. Offered by Housing and Residence Life staff, wherein local children, 12 years and under enjoy with a safe and fun Halloween event on Barry's campus. Elementary school students from the neighboring community are invited to go trick-or-treating throughout various departments on-campus and end with a fun arts and crafts activity. All faculty and staff members are also invited and encouraged to bring their children to the event.
- Annual Christmas Tree-Lighting
- The Tree-Lighting Ceremony is an event that was started in 2001 by the Department of Housing and Residence Life. This is a winter festival during which the department welcomes all members of the Barry University community to share in a family environment to begin the Christmas season. Caroling lead by the university gospel Choir, hot cocoa, and snow ball fights (with real snow) are just a few of the fun events that take place.
- Casino Night
- Casino Night is another tradition at Barry, with the first being held in spring 1996. The event, is tied into students' pride in their residence hall communities, as they earn Barry Buc$ during (room) Health and Safety Inspections These Barry Buc$ are then used at Casino Night to play real casino games like Black Jack, Roulette, Poker, and Bingo. At the end of the evening, students can bid Barry Buc$ winnings on prizes like iPods, televisions, gift certificates, and more.
- Battle of the Halls
- An all day competitive event wherein teams representing each residence hall compete in both physical and academic games like dizzy bat, water balloon toss, and Barry trivia. The winning hall takes home bragging rights as well as prizes shared by all the hall's residents.
Oh oh ....