You will need the free Adobe Reader to view these files.

Barry University provides Cable TV service in the residence halls. The channel lineup includes a variety of news, sports and entertainment designed to appeal to all. In order to view TV in the residence halls, residents must provide a TV with a QAM/ Digital Tuner as well as a high quality cable cord. The Student Union office has these available for purchase.

In order to receive the cable channels you will need to program the channels on your HD television. Instructions for programming channels can be found in the owner’s manual for your television. Below are a few simple steps to get you started:

Connect a high quality cable cord to outlet in wall and into back of television

  1. In the menu of television, go to setup, switch from Air to CATV
  2. Scan for channels: Digital
  3. If you don’t have a cord, pick one up from the Student Union office for $3.


Q: I don’t receive any channels higher then Ch. 13.
A: Your TV is not set to cable. Go into the TV menu and switch it from air to cable
Q: My HD television does not get all of the channels.
A: Your HD television may not have a QAM tuner in it. You will need to purchase a converter box or get a newer TV.
Q: What do I do if I have fuzzy reception or any other cable TV issues?
A: Call our office at 305-899-4900, or you can email us at