Athletic Training Bachelor's to Master's Degree
Earn a Bachelor of Science (BS) and Master of Science (MS)!
Other advantages of Barry University 's Seamless Athletic Training program include:
- A seamless program construct that enables you to complete both the bachelor's and master's degrees under the same excellent standards.
- Nationally-recognized faculty with strong academic credentials and extensive experience in the field.
- An ideal South Florida location, giving you access to incomparable opportunities for internships and networking.
- An 1800 square foot Athletic Training Room with state-of-the-art equipment, ensuring that you will have the kind of extensive training you need to continue your clinical studies, to begin your clinical teaching experience, and to start developing your administrative skills.
If the seamless program in athletic training is an option that interests you, we invite you to send us your questions or schedule a visit. If you already know this program is right for you, you can begin your online application now.
Career Opportunities include Clinical Instruction
As a graduate of Barry's seamless program, you will have accumulated the knowledge, skills, and experience that will make you valuable to Athletic Training education programs as a clinical instructor. This is a door the bachelor's alone cannot open.
- Several of our BS/MS graduates are teaching in major universities as faculty!
- Another graduate of Barry's seamless program is completing a doctoral fellowship at a major university.
Obtaining a bachelor's and master's degree seamlessly is really something every Athletic Training student should consider when choosing a university.
The BS to MS degree in Athletic Training is a 155 semester-hour program that may be completed seamlessly with the choice of either a thesis or the successful completion of a comprehensive examination and internship (11 semesters). The program requires 125 undergraduate semester hours and 30 graduate semester hours.
Qualified students who successfully complete the program meet the requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training and the Master of Science Degree in Movement Science with a Specialization in Athletic Training. This degree program option in Athletic Training merges Barry's undergraduate CAATE-accredited entry-level program with an advanced graduate Athletic Training degree program in a seamless time frame.
If you would like more information, you can request an information packet online. We also encourage you to come for a visit, meet with available faculty and students, and tour our facilities. It's probably the best way to get to know us and to find out if this program is the right one for you!