Graduate Application Instructions
Please read through these instructions carefully prior to completing and submitting your electronic application. After reviewing the instructions, click on the "Electronic Form" link on the left or at the bottom of this page. The following instructions detail additional materials needed to consider your application for admission.
After you submit the electronic application, all other application materials must be mailed to:
Office of Admissions
11300 NE 2nd Ave.
Miami Shores, FL 33161-6695.
The additional application materials include:
- the application fee
- official transcripts
- test scores
- letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
All application material should be submitted in one large envelope, whenever possible. Please note: Transcript(s) must be submitted in an official envelope sealed by the institution(s) issuing the transcript(s). Letters of recommendation must also be submitted in envelopes sealed by the individuals completing the recommendations.
Your social security number should appear on all documents, including checks for application fees and deposits. This number is used for identification purposes only.
All materials become the property of the University and cannot be returned.
- Print your name and social security number (optional) on your check/money order.
- The U.S. $30 nonrefundable application fee should be submitted with your other application materials.
- Your check should be made payable to Barry University.
- Use of Transcript Request Forms (download by clicking here) will expedite receipt and processing of transcripts. All transcripts must be official.
- Transcripts in the applicant's possession will not be accepted unless in an official envelope sealed by the institution issuing the transcripts.
- Transcripts showing degree earned must be from a regionally accredited institution (domestic), listed institution (international), or accredited program.
- Transcripts received from foreign colleges/ universities which are in a language other than English must be translated by an official translation agency. The applicant must arrange for the translation. Applicants may be required to present an evaluation of coursework from an official transcript evaluation service.
- Applications will not be given full consideration until all transcripts are received.
- Barry alumni do not need to request transcripts.
- GRE test scores are required (must have been taken within the past 5 years).
- Those applying for the Sport Management/ MBA Program must only take the GMAT.
Letters of Recommendation
- May be on forms provided (download by clicking here) or in letter format. Supportive information may be included and should be submitted on the person's business letterhead (if applicable).
- Recommendations may be included with other application materials submitted by the applicant. Please note: When letters of recommendation are submitted with other application materials, they must be in envelopes sealed by the individual completing the recommendation.
Statement of Purpose - All Degree - Seeking Applicants
On a separate sheet of paper, state as specifically as possible:
- your reasons for selecting Barry University
- your professional plans upon completion of your degree
- any information which you believe will help the Admissions Committee in the evaluation of your application