In this exciting portion of the program, you will have the opportunity to integrate knowledge you have learned during course work and through on-campus experiences in actual practice situations. The 540-hour Exercise Physiology internship gives you the opportunity to have an in-depth field experience in a hospital-based wellness or cardiac rehabilitation program, a corporate fitness center, or other off-campus fitness/exercise facility.
Possible Internship Sites Include:
- Broward General Hospital, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Memorial Hospital West, Pembroke Pines, Florida
- Memorial Regional Hospital, Hollywood, Florida
- University of Miami Wellness Center
- Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center, Miami, Florida
- The Institute of Human Performance, Boca Raton, Florida
- Health Fitness Corp at Florida Power & Light, Miami, Florida
- Baptist Cardiac & Vascular Institute, Miami, FL.
- Health Harbor, Burger King Corp., Miami, FL.
- Pritikin Longevity Center, Miami, FL.
- My Speed Trainer, Margate, FL.