Recreation and Wellness
Wellness at Barry means proactive and preventative behavior, techniques and programs that encourage health, personal productivity and professional effectiveness. The goal is promote healthy lifestyle behaviors.
Barry University supports recreation & wellness initiatives for all its employees and encourages participation in the many opportunities available on campus. Employees are encouraged to use available facilities on campus such as the fitness center, tennis courts, indoor basketball court, soccer field, sand volleyball pit and the Penafort Pool.
The Fitness Center is FREE for all Barry employees.
Operating hours are from Monday to Thursday 7am-11pm, Friday 7am-9pm, Saturday 11am-5pm and Sunday 12-6pm. A valid Barry University identification is required for admittance.
The Fitness Center features:
- Over 20 cardiovascular machines (treadmills, elliptical, stair climbers, bikes)
- An entire programming circuit of Cybex workout machines.
- Multi-purpose workout racks.
- A full compliment of free weight equipment.
- Certified and trained supervisors on the floor at all times.
- Orientation and assessment opportunities for users.
- Full service locker rooms.
- State-of-the-art sound system with Cardio Theater features.
Wellness classes are offered through the Campus Recreation and Wellness department for all employees at NO COST! Wellness classes are designed to optimize cardiovascular conditioning, muscular development and endurance building while maintaining a safe and gregarious environment.
- Body Sculpting
- Circuit Training
- Tai Chi
- Water Fitness
Classes are conveniently located on the main campus and are available throughout the day and evening.