Earn Credits for Your Certifications
Industry And Professional Certification Licensures
- Technical Certification Licensure is the awarding of university credits for IT professional and industry certifications (e.g., CompTIA A+, Security+, Net+, INET+, etc.; MCSE, MCSA, MCSD, MCAD, etc.; PMI, etc.) that support the BSIT degree program.
- Students who have earned professional certification(s) or passed technical certification exam(s) may obtain college credits towards their equivalent BSIT courses. College credits will only be awarded for certifications that closely correspond to either the degree major core objectives or the objectives of the student’s selected area of specialization.
Authorized Microsoft It Academy
- This is a program with Microsoft that provides tools to facilitate the delivery of courseware that helps prepare students for Microsoft product certification.
- As an IT Academy MCSE/MCSA (NSE) instructors are certified in the courses they teach, and we use Microsoft official or authorized curriculum in all Microsoft networking courses. Students and faculty also receive a discount on selected MCP exams when taken through an Authorized Academic Testing Center.
Authorized Academic Testing Center (Aatc)
- Barry University is a Virtual University Enterprises (VUE) testing center. VUE is the electronic testing division of NCS Pearson, servicing the Information Technology industry and the Professional Certification and Licensure markets. There are currently two testing centers at School of Professional and Career Education locations. One is in Broward County at our Pembroke Pines location and the other is in Brevard County at our Melbourne location.