In completing the requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology major, students will select a major of 30 credits consisting of core coursework and one or a combination of the following options: an area of specialization, a minor, and/or Experiential Learning Portfolio option.
- General Education (Distribution) - 45 credits
- Major Core - 30 credits
- Specialization Option - 15 credits
- Minor Option - 21 credits
- Portfolio Option - up to 30 credits
- Electives - Variable
- Minimum Degree Completion Requirements - 120 credits
Major Prerequisite Courses (3 credits)
- CAT 102 - Basic Computer Applications*
Major Core Courses (30 credits)
- IT 190 - Microcomputer Systems*
- IT 200 - Foundations of Information Technology*
- IT 310 - Telecommunications and Computer Networks
- IT 320 - Computer Security
- IT 338 - Web Design, Authoring and Publishing
- IT 372 - Software Engineering
- IT 426 - Databases
- IT 499 - Integrated Capstone Project
- Approved 6-credit upper level IT/IT/NSE elective
The Major Core courses are also all available to students in an online and Web video conferencing format using our state-of-the-art technologies.
*Students may opt to test-out of any of these courses by taking the corresponding challenge examination (view ExamCredit policy).
Take a look at our sequencing of the major core courses.