Information Technology, Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
The post-certificate in Information Technology is designed to provide students with the basic theoretical knowledge and technical skills required by today's information technology professionals. This certificate is also offered in a distance delivery format (online).
Students who successfully complete the certificate in Information Technology will: (outcomes)
- possess a foundation of technical and administrative skills needed to begin a career in the area of information technology
- provide solutions for organizations with respect to hardware, software, communication, planning, design, implementation, and support of various technologies
- employ research and critical thinking for analyzing and solving organizational challenges
- understand various components of the information technology, including hardware, software, communication, planning, design, implementation, and support
- propose solutions and apply troubleshooting strategies to deal with various technical problems
The Post-certificate in Information Technology (IT) courses are also all available to students in an online and Web video conferencing format using our state-of-the-art technologies.
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Information Technology Courses (18 credits)
- IT 190 - Microcomputer Operating Systems*
- IT 200 - Foundations of Information Technology*
- IT 310 - Telecommunications and Computer Networks
- IT 338 - Web Design, Authoring and Publishing
- IT 426 - Databases
- Approved 3-credit upper level CS/IT elective
*Advanced students may earn credits for the CAT102, IT190, or IT200 courses by test-out examination. Please reference the Credit by Examination policy.
A grade of C or higher is required in all certificate courses.