Software Engineering, Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
The certificate in Software Engineering is for students choosing to focus on web programming skills and software development. Students will be able to evaluate business systems and processes and recommend software solutions, which meet organizational needs and goals; and develop the skills and knowledge required of an analyst-programmer for the research and development of web and computer-based applications.
Students who successfully complete the Software Engineering certificate will: (outcomes)
- Develop the skills and knowledge necessary for the research and development of information systems.
- Evaluate business strategies and operations and recommend software solutions that best suit the organizational needs.
- Evaluate management techniques required to plan, organize, monitor, and control software projects.
- Use programming skills to create web-based software applications
- Propose software solutions and apply effective strategies to deal with various technical problems
Pre-requisite Course (3 credits)
- IT 200 - Foundations of Information Technology*
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate In Software Engineering (18 credits)
- IT 372 - Software Engineering
- IT 301 - Computer Programming
- IT 426 - Databases
- IT 338 - Web Design, authoring and Publishing
- IT 407 - Database Programming and Administration
- Approved 3-credit upper level SE elective
*Advanced students may earn credits for the CAT102, IT190, or IT200 courses by test-out examination. Please reference the Credit by Examination policy.
A grade of C or higher is required in all certificate courses.