Adult Learner FAQs
What is the cost?
- Tuition is $454.00 per undergraduate credit hour for our adult learner programs. One class is $1,362.00. We offer special tuition discounts that you could be eligible to received. Please contact a recruitment team member to determine your eligibility.
How will I pay for college?
- Earning your bachelor’s degree is within reach! We offer tuition discounts to those who qualify. When you submit your FAFSA, you also may be eligible for state or federal grants (meaning you don’t repay) and loans (meaning you will repay) to help finance your degree. You should also ask your employer if they offer any tuition assistance. Barry has a dedicated VA liaison for active military and veterans to maximize their benefits as well. Finally, we also offer payment plans through our Cashier Business Office.
When do classes start?
- We offer six terms a year so you can start when it is convenient for you! Please review our academic calendar for specific start dates.
How many terms are there?
- We offer six 7-week terms as follows: Fall A, Fall B, Spring A, Spring B, Summer I, Summer II.
How many credits does it take to complete a bachelor’s degree?
- A bachelor’s degree is 120 credits. You can transfer in up to 90 credits from prior learning experience to help maximize your time and money to earn your Barry degree.
Can I transfer in credits from other universities?
- Yes; however, from regionally accredited schools only (64 from an associate degree or equivalent). Schedule a free transfer credit evaluation. You can do this before even applying to understand how your previous coursework with transfer to Barry.
How many credits will I earn if I complete your Portfolio Program?
- You can earn (up to) 30 credits from your professional and community service experience. Consider the Portfolio program.
How can I get in touch with my recruiter?
- You can contact your recruiter directly to set up a virtual one-on-one meeting at an arranged time. During these meetings recruiters can answer your unique questions and discuss next steps.
Is there an application fee?
- No, there is no application fee.
How do I apply?
Is going back to school worth it?
- Investing in a degree could yield $500,000 over a 20-year period. One study showed that a college graduate will earn a median $1 million more during the course of their lifetime compared to a high school graduate, or even $2.3 million more with a law, business, or other professional degree. Other estimates have shown the financial return of an associate’s or bachelor’s degree to be 15 percent. For adults continuing their education, the financial returns from a higher education are clear.
Why should Military Veterans like me consider Going Back to School?
- Serving in the military before going to a university gives you a leg up in the maturity department and great prior learning experience. Those extra years and life experience can better prepare you to handle the demands of your education. Although the stress you faced during your years of service is much different from what you’ll encounter at school, your military service has prepared you to solve complex problems, think critically, and perform under pressure. You may be able to receive general education credits for your military experience. Be sure to speak with an admissions counselor about whether you are eligible and how to get credit for your service.
Are you accredited?
- Yes, Barry University is regionally accredited through SACS.