The Director of Institutional Research reports to the Vice Provost.
The Director of Institutional Research acts as a liaison with the numerous institutional research functions of the University such as Administrative Information Systems, the Registrar, Recruitment and Admissions, the Business & Finance Financial Analyst, Institutional Advancement Records and professionals within each School.
The Primary Institutional Research Functions involve:
- Acting as a liaison and data provider with various organizations and agencies such as the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), Independent colleges & Universities of Florida (ICUF), Consortium for Student Retention Data Exchange (CSRDE), as well as many others, in the reporting of institutional data on admissions, financial aid, endowment, finance, faculty/staff, library and finance.
- Creation and distribution of the institutional Fact Book & Quick Facts
- Providing annual institutional data for the University's accrediting agency, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- Maintaining the Common Data Set and coordinate the gathering of consistent information to respond to external surveys and college guides requesting University data.
- Providing information/data for internal and external ad hoc requests
- Working with all areas of the University including academic programs, administrative and support services regarding institutional effectiveness efforts and ensure accordance with accreditation criteria
- Supporting the data needs for institutional research projects, assessment, and accountability
- Serving as a liaison for the University Schools to agencies such as the Florida Education and Training Placement Information Program (FETPIP)
- Providing data for University publication