Travel Outside the United States
If you are planning a trip outside the United States, be sure to check the following before your depart to avoid having problems re-entering the U.S you should make sure the following are fulfilled prior to travel:
- A valid passport at least 6 months into the future
- A valid visa (be sure you have not used up your number of entries).
- If your F-1/F-2 or J-1/J-2 visa has expired, you have to apply for one in your home country
- A current I-20 or DS-2019 form with appropriate endorsement
- Transcript from the Registrar's Office (official or unofficial) Optional
- Current financial support documentation that is no more than 6 months old
- Be prepared to talk about your educational goals in the U.S., your intent to return to your home country and your plans once you do return home.
IF YOU ARE ON OPTIONAL PRACTICAL TRAINING, YOU MUST ALSO FURNISH:
- A valid Employment Authorization Card
- A letter from your employer stating that you have a job, the job description and the dates of employment.