Center for Advanced Study of Environmental & Earth Law
Barry is Green!
Barry’s Center for Advanced Study of Environmental and Earth Law is leading the way in environmental law. The center’s academic programs are innovative and practical, designed to equip graduates to step into the legal world with broad vision and focused academic experience. Through the center, Barry offers students a comprehensive array of environmental programs:
- Honors Certificate Program in Environmental and Earth Law
- Environmental and Earth Law Clinic
- Environmental and Earth Law Journal
- Center for Earth Jurisprudence
- Environmental and Earth Law Summit and a host of conferences, workshops, and networking opportunities for students
- student organizations, including the Environmental Law Society and the Student Animal Legal Defense Fund
- student activities, including a nature journal, lake clean-ups, and on-the-ground research of Florida’s springs
- Environmental and Earth Law Stipend for eligible students who will be pursuing Environmental Law
In addition to providing cutting-edge academic opportunities, Barry is committed to promoting environmental and energy conservation as part of our campus life. Barry has adopted a number of campus-wide efforts, including single-stream recycling, hosting events to plant native trees and flowers, developing policies and practices to conserve paper and energy, and following LEED standards in our campus growth. The faculty, staff, and students at Barry are re-imagining sustainable law and practices, which are all designed to make Barry as GREEN as possible!