Through the Learning Center’s Reading Center, located in Garner Hall 113-1, Barry University undergraduate and graduate students are able to meet the demands of college-level reading by developing reading comprehension skills, improving reading fluency and building vocabulary. The Learning Center’s professional tutors work one-on-one with students to help them develop reading strategies and study techniques that can be applied to college-level texts. In addition, diagnostic assessments are used to design tutorial programs tailored to students’ needs.
One-hour tutoring sessions are available by appointment. To make an appointment, call 305-899-3687.
- Reading Strategies Tutorial (6 weeks)
- Tutorial for Nursing Students (9 weeks)
- Reading Strategies Tutorial (12 weeks)
- Study Skills Seminar (6 weeks)
- Test Taking Strategies (6 weeks)
- Vocabulary Development Tutorial (12 weeks)
- Individualized computer-based instruction
- Diagnostic assessments
- SI 010 Active Reading and Learning Strategies.
- Learning Strategies Class
Reading Center Spring 2019 Hours of Operation (January 14- May 10)
|Tuesdays – Wednesdays||9 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
|Fridays||9 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|The Reading Center will be closed on March 2-9 and April 18-21.|
For more information about the Learning Center’s Reading Center, please contact Dr. Olena Drozd at 305 899 4902 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To make an appointment, please contact the Main Office of the Learning Center at 305 899 3485.