Through the Learning Center’s Reading Center, located in Garner Hall 113-1, Barry University undergraduate and graduate students are able to meet the demands of college-level reading by developing reading comprehension skills, improving reading fluency and building vocabulary. The Learning Center’s professional tutors work one-on-one with students to help them develop reading strategies and study techniques that can be applied to college-level texts. In addition, diagnostic assessments are used to design tutorial programs tailored to students’ needs.
One-hour tutoring sessions are available by appointment. To make an appointment, call 305-899-3687.
- Reading Strategies Tutorial (6 weeks)
- Tutorial for Nursing Students (9 weeks)
- Reading Strategies Tutorial (12 weeks)
- Study Skills Seminar (6 weeks)
- Test Taking Strategies (6 weeks)
- Vocabulary Development Tutorial (12 weeks)
- Individualized computer-based instruction
- Diagnostic assessments
- SI 010 Active Reading and Learning Strategies.
- Learning Strategies Class
Spring 2018 Hours of Operation
|Mondays||10 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
|Tuesdays/Thursdays||9 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
|Fridays||9 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
The Reading Center will be closed on January 15; from March 5 through March 10; and from March 29 through March 31.
For more information about the Learning Center’s Reading Center, please contact Dr. Olena Drozd at 305 899 4902 or email@example.com. To make an appointment, please contact the Main Office of the Learning Center at 305 899 3485.