Study Room Policy
Monsignor William Barry Memorial Library offers the use of study rooms which are available ONLY to Barry University students, faculty, and staff. Patrons must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Group Study Rooms are provided for groups of 2 or more individuals for the purpose of studying and meeting. Group Study Rooms are not available for individual use. Patrons must have at least one other person present when checking out study room keys.
- No specific study rooms are assigned to specific schools or programs. All study rooms will be checked out on a first come, first serve basis.
- The Library is not responsible for the loss or theft of personal property. If you leave the room unattended, you risk the loss of your possessions.
- Food is not allowed in study rooms. Sports bottles and covered beverage containers are permitted.
- Please do not cover the windows.
- A valid Barry University ID Card is required to check out a room. Other forms of identification are not acceptable.
- A key for Designated Group Study rooms must be charged out at the Circulation Desk on the 2nd Floor. There is a non-renewable two (2) hour limit per group and the room must be occupied during this time.
- Some Group Study rooms are not lockable. These rooms must be reserved at the Circulation desk prior to use. Groups that have not reserved a room will be required to vacate the room.
- Patrons are responsible for the key (which is charged to your library account), the behavior of each person in the group, and the condition of the room. If the key is not returned, there will be a replacement fee of $20.00.
- At the end of two (2) hours, the key must be returned to the Circulation Desk. Overdue fines will be assessed at the rate of $1 dollar per minute.
- If furniture is moved, please return it to the original placement when finished with the room.
- Failure to follow these rules may result in the immediate relinquishing of the room and/or added charges placed upon the patron's account.
Policy updated April 4, 2012