About the Maximizing Access to Research Careers (MARC) Program
Underrepresented minority students (African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, and citizens of the US Pacific Islands) enter this two-year program as juniors.
The program consists of:
- Enriched Curriculum
- On-Campus Research
- Off-Campus Summer Research Internship
- Presentations at Biomedical Seminar Series
- Presentations at Scientific Meetings
- Monthly Scientists' Presentations
- Graduate School Preparation
At this time the program provides 60% tuition, $11,172 annual stipend, a $1,500 annual allowance for research supplies, and travel allowance for trainees to attend and present their research at scientific meetings.