Barry University will have its 6th Annual Mathematics Olympiad to engage with the South Florida High School community and provide a venue where students can engage in mathematics activities that challenge them.
Our event is designed as follows:
- Schools may bring a maximum of six (6) students as part of their mathematics team representing the school. Each team must be accompanied by a teacher/sponsor.
- The day will consist of an individual exam (students will be given time to solve a series of complex mathematics problems). A background in algebra, geometry and advanced algebra should be sufficient for the individual test. After lunch, the teams will compete on a problem as a group.
The date of the event this year is:
Friday, April 23, 2021
- 8:30 - 9:00 AM - Registration
- 9:00-10:50 AM Individual Student Written Exam Competition
- 10:50-11:30 AM Lunch Break
- 11:30 - 12:45 PM Team Competition
- 12:45 - 1:00 PM Break
- 1:00 - 1:20 PM Admissions presentation
- 1:20 - 2:00 PM Awards Ceremony