The Mathematics Laboratory, a division of the Barry University Learning Center, offers free tutoring and support to all students enrolled in Barry University. We strive to help students build confidence in themselves and to succeed as they progress through mathematics courses. We are located in Garner Hall, rm 107.
The most immediate concern for most of the students using the lab is to get help with homework assignments or with test preparation. Our job is to explain concepts, demonstrate methods, and make suggestions for improvement. It is important that students gain competency with the material and develop confidence in their abilities. Therefore, we do not do homework for students because we not have neither the time nor your instructor's permission to check completed homework assignments.
- Placement/Challenge assessment
- One-to-one tutoring with professional educators and peer tutors
- Computerized skills-building resources including Minitab, SPSS, PHStat
- Facilitated study groups for MAT 090, MAT 091, and MAT 093
- On-line Assistance ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Walk-In tutorial for intermediate algebra, precalculus, calculus 1,& MAT 152
- Walk-In tutorial for GKT (EDU Major students at the Main Campus)
- Workshops on the use of Scientific Calculators
- Tutorial for Computer Programming (CS 211, CS 212, CS 231, CS 372, CS 407, CS 438, CS 473)
- Handouts and computerized instructional materials
- Scheduled tutoring for Advanced Math and Physics Courses
- Conducting workshops in CHE 111 and CHE112 to enhance student skills in the use of calculators, isolating variables, and the use of logarithms
- Review Sessions on Mathematics directly related to pharmacological calculations for nursing students
- Supplementary Instruction for students of MAT 152 with the use of Minitab and SPSS Programs
- Individual tutorial services to students with special needs
For more information about the Learning Center’s Math Lab visit Math Lab Web Page.