Admission Requirements - MBA
Because we recognize there are many factors that determine a person's potential for success, the School of Business uses a portfolio approach to make a decision regarding your admission.
All documents should be sent to:
Office of Graduate AdmissionsBarry University
11300 NE 2nd Avenue
Miami Shores, FL 33161
Please include your full name, student ID number, or Social Security number on all documents.
Admission Portfolio Credentials
The Admissions Committee will consider your accomplishments, potential, and goals when evaluating your potential for success in graduate business studies. Admission Portfolio credentials include:
GMAT Score: The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is required. Official test scores must be sent directly from the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) to Barry University. The Andreas School of Business accepts students with a range of test scores. Therefore, if you are unsatisfied with your scores or feel like your scores don’t adequately reflect your abilities, we encourage you to consider retaking the entrance exam. The Admissions Committee will take your highest score into consideration when evaluating your portfolio.
GMAT scores may be waived if an applicant:
- Possesses significant, verifiable, managerial level experience. OR;
- Possesses other documentable work experience AND a GPA of 3.0 or higher, OR;
- Has a 3.5 cumulative undergraduate GPA from AACSB accredited business program OR;
- Holds a Master-level (or higher) degree from a nationally or regionally accredited University with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Nevertheless, GMAT scores are required for applicants who do not meet the waiver criteria listed above or:
- Have little managerial or business experience.
- Want to be considered for the Andreas School of Business Merit Scholarship.
Other Test Scores: The Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
Transcripts: Official college and/or university transcript indicating your receipt of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college/university or a listed international institution and your cumulative undergraduate Grade Point Average (GPA).
Please, see additional requirement for international students.
Statement of Purpose: A one-page essay explaining the fit between applicant’s goals and the program at Barry University. The Statement of Purpose can be submitted as part of the online application.
Resume: Please also include an updated, resume outlining work experience.
Sufficient Undergraduate Preparation: Adequate undergraduate preparation in the required disciplines is noted below:
- Financial and Managerial Accounting (six credits with a grade of C or better)
- Micro and Macroeconomics (six credits with a grade of C or better)
- Finance (three credits with a grade of C or better)
- College Algebra or Pre-calculus (three credits with a grade of C or better)
- Statistics (three credits with a grade of C or better)
- Management (three credits, with a grade of C or better)
- Operations Management (three credits, with a grade of C or better)
- Marketing (three credits, with a grade of C or better)
If you lack sufficient preparation in any of these disciplines, you may still be admitted, but you will be required to successfully complete a non-credit workshop in each discipline where you lack preparation. Each required workshop must be completed before you can take a 600-level course in that discipline. Each workshop may be repeated only once.
These workshops have been developed to give you the background you need to succeed in your graduate courses.
Writing skills: You must demonstrate adequate writing skills. If your skills are not adequate, you will be required to complete successfully a writing skills workshop before or during the first calendar year of your graduate study. This workshop may be repeated only once. This workshop is designed to better enable you to complete graduate research paper requirements, and to succeed in business.
As you can see, we are doing all we can to help ensure your success! If you already know Barry's Andreas School of Business is right for you, you can complete our convenient online application now! If you have any questions, you can request more information online or schedule a visit. We are always happy to talk with you!