- Allied Health
- Histo Certificate
- Nuclear Medicine
- Medical Tech
- Clinical Bio
- Clinical Bio MS
- Medical Biotech MS
Tri-Beta Honor Society
Operation of the one-on-one Tri-Beta student tutoring organization.
Tri-Beta volunteers tutor SNHS majors during scheduled hours per week (approximately 12 hours in Fall 2003, and approximately 9 hours in Spring 2004).
Participation with Barry University Chapter of Habitat for Humanity.
On November 8, 2003 Dr. Montague and 12 Tri-Beta students took a trip to Liberty City for a Saturday of hard work and Christian fellowship at the construction site for the Perryman home. On February 14, 2004, Dr. Montague and 10 Tri-Beta students returned to Liberty City to work at the Rodriguez home.
This club has approximately 10 members and is geared to all animal-lovers, not just Pre-Veterinary students.
This year the Pre-Vet club participated in a joint venture with the Mentor program to Lion Country Safari. Several Pre-vet club members are also mentors to new students.
The Pre-vet club meets monthly to discuss and share experiences regarding Veterinary school application process.
American Medical Student Association
Directed by Mr. Bill. Adopt-a-Floor at Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Habitat for Humanity site trip
- Coordination of, and participation in, National Primary Health Care Week displays & speakers
- Trip to Gainesville for Medical College Forum at University of Florida
- Guest speakers:
U.S. Army Health Professions Scholarship Program
AMCAS application process
Kaplan Test Prep. Program
Princeton Test Prep. Program
Marine Biology Interest Group
The marine biology interest group provides a forum for students interested in all aspects of the marine sciences. Field trips to sites of interest (e.g., University of Miami marine school, Miami Seaquarium) are planned for each semester. Meetings include discussions of relevant community activities and internship/research opportunities.
Sigma Xi National Honor Society (Barry University Chapter)
(1) Two student presentations at Sigma Xi Student Research Conference, Los Angeles, CA, November 13-16, 2003), coordinated by Gerhild Packert, Ph.D., Chapter President.
(2) Invited annual banquet address by Sanjay Sesodia, Ph.D. (“Salvage of denervated muscle & restoration of lost neural function,” April 26, 2004).
2. Hosted/Co-Hosted Events:
(1) 2004 Sigma Xi Chapter Banquet and Awards Ceremony with McNair Scholars Program (in Partnership with University of South Florida), coordinated by Ana Jimenez, Ph.D. (three Barry University students were recognized as 2003-2004 McNair Scholars: 26 April 2004).
(2) Tenth Annual Psychology Student Research Forum, 14 April 2004, Library Lower Level (coordinated by Linda Peterson, Ph.D. and Christopher Starrett, Ph.D.).
(3) 2003-2004 NIH-MARC U*-STAR Program (two invited speakers for SNHS MARC Research Presentations Program, coordinated by Flona Redway, Ph.D.).