FYE Buccaneer Passport Experience Program
Your journey through Barry University begins here! The FYE Buccaneer Passport Planner is designed to keep you organized, and will assist you in your navigation through the first eight weeks of your college experience. This passport planner outlines the programs, events, and services provided by various partners/ departments across campus. The passport program events start now and continue until October 31st, 2018 when we will conclude with our FYE BBQ! Whenever you participate in an event, you will receive a sticker in your passport. Those who have collected the most stickers in their passport planner are eligible to be a Grand Prize Winner!
Passport Program Q&A
What do I have to do?
FYE partners with 18 departments to give you a wide variety of programs to choose from. When you attend a program you will be given a sticker to mark your attendance. The students who attend the most events (have the most stickers) will be put into a raffle to win one of our grand prizes. Keep in mind that some programs are MANDATORY for all freshmen such as: Freshmen Experience Day, New Student Investiture, Zero Shades of Grey, The Sex & Drugs Show, and Know Your Power. All other programs are optional, but strongly recommended because they will help you with your transition into college life, both inside and outside of the classroom environment.
What is the deadline for attending passport events?
All programs attended in the FYE Buccaneer Passport Planner up until Monday, October 24, 2016 will count towards winning the grand prize. The more programs you attend the better your chance of winning is! In order to be eligible for a grand prize you must also completed the survey that will be emailed to you on Monday, October 17, 2016. Also, make sure to be present at the FYE BBQ on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 to claim your prize! WHAT IS A STAMP OR A STICKER?
When you attend a passport event, attendance will be taken and you will receive a passport stamp. You will receive a sticker which you must stick on the designated program page. The more programs you attend the more stamps or stickers you will acquire. The students that attend the most programs and have the most stamps will be entered in a drawing for Grand Prize Packages.
What’s in it for me?
The grand prize winner will receive a new Apple Watch and the second place winner will receive a Beats by Dre Pill 2.0. There will be various giveaways during the BBQ as well! Most importantly, getting involved in the activities offered will not only help you to make a successful transition, but will allow you discover what you are destined to do here at Barry University and beyond! Get ready to Learn, Reflect and Serve! Live the Barry Life!
What is a sticker?
When you attend a passport event, attendance will be taken and you will receive a passport sticker. When you receive a sticker you must stick it on the designated calendar space where that event is listed. The more programs you attend the more stickers you will acquire. The students that attend the most programs and have the most stickers will be entered in a drawing for grand prize packages.
For additional information or questions regarding the Buccaneer Experience Passport Program, contact New Student Orientation & FYE Programs, Center of Student Involvement located in Landon Student Union, suite 202, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 305-899-2944 or 305-899-2945.
Ways to Earn Extra Stickers
- Volunteer for community service at the Center for Community Service Initiatives
- Participate in a Barry Conference
- Take a picture with Sister Linda and show it to an Orientation Leader!
- Join a student organization
- Visit the university archives department to find out about Barry’s History
- Take a trip with the Office of Student Life – Mosaic Arts Series and/or Adventure Series
- Take a photo next to your favorite display at the Photography Exhibition in November which takes place at the Andy Gato Gallery (Thompson Hall 2nd floor). Bring your proof to an orientation leader or hashtag #
30 Things to do before Graduation from Barry University
- See a student performance at the Broad Auditorium
- Attend an athletic event
- Volunteer for community service at the Center for Community Initiatives
- Get involved with Weeks of Welcome
- Attend a non-required lecture - fascinating people are always coming to campus
- Learn the alma mater
- Take a picture with the University President
- Join a student organization
- Go for wings in Bucky’s Cove
- Participate in Intramural sports
- Participate in New Student Investiture
- Wear your class shirt and Barry shield pin
- Learn how to say “Hello” in a different language
- Visit the university archives department to find out about Barry History
- Attend mass at the Cor Jesu Chapel
- Participate in Community Fest during Founders Week
- Learn about the world; get to know students from other countries
- Take a trip with the Office of Student Life -Mosaic Arts Series, Adventure Series, and CAB trips
- Stop by the Office of Student Life and inquire about all the clubs and organizations active on campus
- Help a freshman during their first week on campus.
- Take a course in something that has nothing to do with your major
- Visit the Andy Gato Art Gallery
- Join an honor society
- Sign up for Alternative Spring Break with the Center for Community Service Initiatives (CCSI)
- Run for office in a student organization
- Career goals: Spruce up your resume
- Invite a faculty or staff member to dinner
- Participate in Study Abroad
- Complete the graduation survey
- Participate in Rose and Candle Ceremony