Why Montessori at Barry University?
- The program offers quality Montessori teacher preparation in the best university tradition.
- Barry University is the only university in the state of Florida offering a graduate degree with specialization in Montessori education.
- The program is accredited by the Montessori Teacher Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE) and is affiliated with the American Montessori Society (AMS).
- Course scheduling allows students to pursue a degree while holding a full-time job.
The Montessori Program at Barry University encourages its graduates to develop:
- A repertoire of skills and teaching strategies to ignite intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, creative problem-solving, and the joy of learning.
- Competencies to inspire the best in every student while creating a community where respect, cooperation and freedom with responsibility are the guiding lights.
- A vision of education which nourishes the child's confidence to meet today's tasks and face the challenges of tomorrow.
- Personal values and attitudes needed to address individual uniqueness in a caring environment.