Application & Deadlines
The application for all MSW degree programs consists of:
- The completed application (online applications are encouraged)
- A personal statement
- OFFICIAL transcripts of all college and universities attended
- Two letters of reference
- Field Education Application
- A signed Criminal History Disclaimer
To be considered for admission to the MSW advanced standing program, applicants are required to submit the following documentation, in addition to the materials requested above for general admission:
- A baccalaureate degree in social work from a college or university whose social work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) at the time the BSW or BA degree is conferred.
- You must have received your Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work no more than five years prior to enrollment. Additionally, you must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all bachelors’ level social work courses (there are no exceptions to this policy).
- A final field evaluation from your undergraduate field placement is required.
Please note that the application requirements for international students may require additional items. GRE scores are not required for any of our MSW degree programs. A $50 nonrefundable application fee ($60 if submitting a paper application) must accompany the completed application and is not credited toward tuition. The application fee can be paid online or via check or money order made payable to Barry University.
All official transcripts and reference letters may be mailed or dropped off at:
School of Social Work
Office of Admissions, Enrollment, and Student Services
11300 NE Second Avenue
Miami, FL 33161-6695
Beginning in the Fall of 2014, The Barry University School of Social Work will be moving exclusively to an electronic application system unless a specific request for paper application is made by an applicant.
The MSW Application for Spring Semester Admission will be available for completion on September 1st.
The MSW Application for Summer and Fall admission will be available for completion on December 15th.
Fall Semester - August 1st
Spring Semester - December 1st
Summer Semester (advanced standing only) - April 15th
Applicants looking to receive priority consideration for one of our various financial aid packages (merit scholarships, tuition discounts, Florida Tuition Reduction Grant, etc.) should submit a completed application as early as possible. We will begin reviewing applications for Summer and Fall 2014 admission on February 1st.
Our Admissions Committee strives to evaluate complete applications within four to six weeks. Please note that the committee does not evaluate incomplete applications. Admissions decisions are based primarily on an evaluation of your previous undergraduate and graduate coursework, experience in the human services (paid, volunteer, research, and internship), written personal statement, and letters of reference.