In order to apply for advanced standing status you must hold a Bachelor of Social Work degree from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
You must have received your Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work no more than five years prior to enrollment with a 3.0 GPA in the last 60 credits of your degree (there are no exceptions to this policy).
Additionally you need to submit:
- Two letters of recommendation from professors, professionals, supervisors or community leaders who know you and can attest to your readiness for graduate studies within the field of social work.
- Your final field placement evaluation from your Bachelor’s Degree field placement.
- Your official transcripts from all of the past Universities or Colleges you have attended.
- A three page personal statement. The outline for the personal statement can be located within section three of the application for enrollment.
- A signed criminal history disclaimer. This form can also be located in the application for enrollment.
- A signed core performance standards agreement. This form can also be located in the application for enrollment.
To further explore admission to the MSW program, please e-mail the Social Work Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 305-899-3919 or 1-800-756-6000, ext. 3919