All application materials listed below, except the official transcripts, must be submitted online at www.barry.edu Applicants must create a mybarry account. Application materials include:
- Graduate School of Social Work MSW Application
- Nonrefundable $50.00 application fee (paid online or via a check or money order made payable to the Barry University)
- Two recommendations (We require a full name and valid email address for each person submitting a recommendation. Please make sure to inform your recommendation writers to expect an email on your behalf from the Office of Social Work Admissions soon after you submit your application; this email will include the appropriate form and detailed instructions on how to submit their recommendation electronically.)
- Personal Statement (See detailed instructions on next page.)
- An official transcript from each college or university previously attended
- Official transcripts are those that are sent in sealed envelopes directly from the registrar of the originating colleges/universities to the Barry University School of Social Work. The transcripts must be in sealed envelopes from the issuing institutions to be considered “official.”
- Official transcripts are required from ALL colleges or universities you have attended. Taking even a single course requires that a transcript be provided.
- If you are currently enrolled in a college or university when submitting your application, you must have official transcripts, to date, mailed to Barry University School of Social Work at the time of your application, then have an additional transcript mailed to Barry University School of Social Work once you have completed the course work and your degree has been conferred.
Please note that GRE scores are not required as part of our MSW admission process.