Specific requirements for admission to the Master of Social Work program include the following:
- Receipt of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) for your last 60 earned college credits. **
- Your official transcripts from all of the past Universities or Colleges you have attended.
- A broad liberal arts background, including study in the social, behavioral, and biological sciences with a minimum of 30 liberal arts credits. During your liberal arts studies you should have achieved an understanding of your cultural heritage and that of others, acquired a knowledge of methods of inquiry and problem solving, and successfully be able to demonstrate competency in the verbal and written communication.
- Three letters of recommendation from past professors, professionals, supervisors or community leaders who know you and can attest to your readiness for graduate studies within the field of social work.
- A three page personal statement. The outline for the personal statement can be located within section three of the application for enrollment.
- A signed criminal history disclaimer. This form can also be located in the application for enrollment.
- A signed core performance standards agreement. This form can also be located in the application for enrollment.
** If your GPA calculates to below a 3.0 in your last 60 credits of study, there can be exceptions made to the GPA requirement based on extenuating circumstances. The School may initiate an admissions interview in this case in order to discuss your readiness for graduate level studies and to discuss your personal situation.