EARTH DAY CELEBRATION
Each one of us holds a piece to creating a sustainable living and learning environment. On Earth Day, come learn how you can make a difference …. one “piece” at a time! Wear green and show your commitment to sustainability.
Date: Monday, April 22
Time: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Location: Landon Atrium
Wear GREEN and show your support for sustainable living!
Earth Day Program
11:00 a.m. Barry Resources and Vendor Fair (11 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Anika Foods – organic treats
- Trendy Truck: Fashion on Wheels
- Whole Foods Market
- Sodexo Sustainable Lunch Boxes for $6.25
- Free Office Supply Swap Fest
- Hollywood Trikke
- South Florida Commuter Services
- Waste Management – Zero Waste and Single Stream Recycling
- Georgia Pacific – Paper Products
- Unisource – Eco Friendly Cleaning Products
- Barry University Resources:
- Barry Bookstore
- Barry’s Ecological Sustainability Team (BEST)
- Campus Recreation and Wellness
- College of Arts and Sciences: Sociology and Chemistry
- Facilities Building Services
- Division of Information Technology (DoIT)
- IST Business Center
- Quality Improvement Program (QIP) Committee
- School of Education
12:00 p.m. Welcome by Bruce Edwards, Senior Vice President for Business and Finance
Opening Prayer, Father Marcelo Solorzano, OP
12:15 p.m. Activities:
- Make herbal bookmarks using herbs from the Community Garden
- Make a sustainability pledge*
- Participate in the Recycling game
- Adopt a plant
- Donate no-longer-used cellphones for victims of domestic violence through the Hopeline phone drive
- Tell us how we can make Barry more walkable and bikeable. Take a survey.
2:00 p.m. Green Jobs Fair (Thompson Lobby, 2 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
Watch Waste Management’s single stream recycling process: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GP3JuiX5BY
*Submit a Sustainability Pledge via Facebook at http://www.barry.edu/earth-day/. The first 75 students who sign the pledge will receive a free BEST “Barry Green” T-shirt. Faculty and staff who sign the pledge and make a minimum donation of $5 will receive a t-shirt. Proceeds will support student sustainability projects at Barry. T-shirts are available from the Office of Mission Engagement, Thompson Hall, 203.
For more information, please contact Patricia Ramlow at 305-899-3437, firstname.lastname@example.org.