Nine South Florida nonprofits have been named among the top 10 women-led organizations in the state, according to The Commonwealth Institute’s Eighth Annual Awards Ceremony.
The Institute, along with PNC Bank and Moore Research, announced its top 10 women-led, not-for-profit organizations list at a lunch event at Jungle Island.
The Commonwealth Institute is a non-profit organization that helps women entrepreneurs, CEOs and corporate executives build successful businesses through peer mentoring programs.
On the list:
• No. 1: Sister Linda Bevilacqua, president of Barry University
• No. 2: Paula J. Alderson, president and CEO of Hospice by the Sea
• No. 3: Deborah Spiegelman, CEO and executive director of the Miami Children’s Museum
• No. 4: Tina Philips, president and CEO of Palm Beach Habilitation Center
• No. 5: Eileen Maloney-Simon, CEO of YWCA of Greater Miami-Dade
• No. 6: Barbara Inman, president and CEO of Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County
• No. 7: Catherine F. Penrod, CEO of Switchboard of Miami
• No. 8: Julie Swindler, CEO of Families First of Palm Beach County
• No. 9: Pam Swensen, CEO of Executive Women’s Golf Association
• No. 10: Jacqueline Kiviat, executive director and COO of TerraLex