Admission Requirements – Accelerated BSN Option
The Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program is for individuals who already have a bachelor’s degree or higher, and who meet the requirements for admission into the program. If the student’s prior degree(s) does not fulfill certain prerequisites, that student must enroll as a pre-nursing candidate before starting the 15-month Accelerated BSN option.
Students applying for the Accelerated BSN Program must have all required prerequisites completed before consideration may be given for the Accelerated Option.
To be considered for acceptance into the Accelerated BSN option, the following is required:
- GPA of 3.2
- Grade C or greater for liberal arts courses
- Grade C or greater for science courses with no repeats (Science courses must be completed before admission to the program)
- Grade C or greater in DIN271 – Therapeutic Nutrition, PSY382 – Developmental Psychology, and MAT 152 – Probability & Statistics, with one repeat available
- Two letter of recommendations from college/university professors
- A possible interview could be requested
- All applicants must complete all prerequisite courses prior to being admitted to the nursing program
Applicants are notified in writing of the admission decision after all official application materials have been received and evaluated. Completion of the admission file is the responsibility of the applicant. Meeting general admission requirements to Barry University does not guarantee admission to the College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Barry University’s Nursing Program is a limited access program and not all qualified applicants may be admitted.
This information is not intended to be all inclusive, but rather as a guide for prospective students. Final program planning requires a completed application to Barry University and, if accepted, a meeting with a nursing advisor.