Baptist BOND Scholars Program
In partnership with Baptist Health South Florida, Barry University is pleased to offer BSN students on the Traditional Program Track an outstanding scholarship opportunity.
Each Spring and Fall Semester, 30 nursing students have the potential to be awarded this scholarship while enrolled at Barry University. This scholarship award is dependent upon acceptance into the nursing program and acceptance into the Baptist Health Scholars program.
As a scholarship recipient, you will
- Experience clinical learning at one of the most highly-rated health systems in South Florida
- Enjoy a fast-paced, challenging professional practice environment in a hospital recognized for nursing excellence
- Participate in an accredited Versant Nurse Residency Program (practice transition program) recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Explore an opportunity for employment upon successful completion of program and licensure
- Attend classes at the beautiful Baptist Hospital campus in Kendall, Florida
- Baptist will award students who are accepted into the Health Scholars Program $20,000 towards tuition.
- Florida residents may be eligible for additional grants to help offset out-of-pocket expenses.
How it Works
Once you are accepted into Barry University's BSN program, you will be provided with an application for the Baptist Health Scholars Program. You will submit the scholarship application directly to Baptist Health. Baptist will review all applications, and selected candidates will be contacted for a face-to-face interview. Scholarships are granted six weeks prior to the beginning of Spring and Fall classes.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A BAPTIST HEALTH SCHOLAR? TAKE THE FIRST STEP.
Eligibility for the Baptist Health Scholars program begins with an application to Barry's BSN program. Start your application now.
Baptist Health South Florida, one of the country’s preeminent health care institutions, is the largest health care organization in the region, with seven hospitals (Baptist Hospital, Baptist Children’s Hospital, Doctors Hospital, Homestead Hospital, Mariners Hospital, South Miami Hospital and West Kendall Baptist Hospital), nearly 50 outpatient and urgent care facilities, Baptist Health Medical Group, Baptist Health Quality Network and internationally-renowned centers of excellence.