Admissions Requirements - Pre-Nursing
Freshmen who are interested in the Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program option, who meet the admissions requirements, will be admitted to the pre-nursing program in order to complete the first two years of required courses.
Transfer students not meeting the requirements for admission to the Traditional BSN option can also apply to be admitted to the pre-nursing program.
Freshmen Admission Requirements
- High school GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Completion of high school or college courses in biology and chemistry (including laboratories) with a minimum grade of C in each
- Completion of Algebra II or equivalent, with a minimum grade of C
- Achievement of a minimum score of 800 on the SAT or 17 on the ACT
Transfers Admission Requirements
- Achievement of a minimum of 2.5 cumulative college GPA with fewer than a total of 5 Ws, Ds, or Fs
- Earned at least a C in each of the required science courses taken (Anatomy & Lab, Physiology & Lab, Microbiology & Lab, Biochemistry & Lab) without repeats, including withdrawals
- Earned at least a C in all liberal arts courses
Please note: Completing the pre-nursing program does not guarantee admission to the BSN program options as you will still need to meet the admissions requirements for those program options. To be considered for admission to the Traditional BSN option or the Accelerated BSN option, a GPA of 3.2 is required.