Admission Requirements - Traditional Bsn Option
The Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing program option is for freshmen and transfer students who meet the requirements for admission into the program. Students who have enrolled at Barry University as a freshman must complete all prerequisites before applying to the BSN program. The prerequisites are usually completed through our pre-nursing program.
Consideration For Acceptance
To be considered for acceptance into the Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, the following is required:
- Minimum achievement of 3.2 cumulative college GPA and fewer than five Withdrawals, Ds or Fs when combined.
- Grade C or greater for liberal arts courses
- Grade C or greater for science courses with no repeats (Science courses must be completed before admission to the program)
- Grade C or greater in , PSY283 – Developmental Psychology, and MAT 152 – Probability & Statistics with one repeat available
- Interview at the discretion of the Admissions Committee
- All prospective students must take a standardized nursing program admission exam as designated by the program prior to being evaluated by the Admissions Committee. While the Admissions Committee does not specify a benchmark, students should make every effort to attain as high a score as possible in order to strengthen their application for admission to the BSN program.
This information is not intended to be all inclusive, but rather as a guide for prospective students. Final program planning requires a completed application to Barry University and, if accepted, a meeting with a Nursing Admissions Advisor.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program meets the educational requirements to apply for professional licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Florida. Barry University has not determined whether the degree program meets the educational requirements to apply for professional licensure outside of Florida. Prospective students are urged to contact their state’s board of nursing for the most up-to-date information.