POST-Baccalaureate, DNP | Family Practice, Nurse Practitioner
As a family nurse practitioner, you will provide advanced care to individuals with a focus on disease prevention and management chronic illnesses. A family nurse practitioner aspires to improve the health of the community and is constantly promoting proactive health initiatives through health care settings such as a doctor’s office, clinics, and primary care centers.
The Post-Baccalaureate DNP Family Nurse specialty is a very notable and recognized nursing program throughout South Florida. Through this program you will:
- Experience personalized attention from faculty
- Work with professional patients to gain valuable experience with clinical exams
- Attend classes geared toward the working adult to fit your busy schedule
- Upon graduation, become eligible to sit for Family Nurse Practitioner certification exams (ANCC and AANP)
- Receive a 30% tuition discount as a Florida registered nurse
The Post-Baccalaureate DNP Family Nurse Practitioner curriculum is designed to help you prepare for the advanced practice nursing role. This includes but is not limited to:
- Advanced pathophysiology, advanced pharmacology, and advanced health assessment / differential diagnosis specific for adult-gerontology acute care nurse practitioner
- Advanced practice nursing expertise in the primary health care setting
- Develop leadership skills in creating responsible changes in the sociopolitical realm in which health care is delivered.
- Develop your roles of clinical practice expert, leader, educator, consultant, and patient advocate
You will gain invaluable clinical skills through a preceptor-guided residency program in your specialty area. Faculty work with you to create the learning experiences you need as a nurse practitioner. In addition, you will develop, implement, and evaluate a doctoral scholarly project. These learning experiences ensure that you will meet the combined 1000 hour requirement set by the American Academy of Colleges of Nursing.