Family Nurse Practitioner
As a family nurse practitioner, you will provide advanced care to individuals in order to prevent diseases and manage chronic illnesses. A family nurse practitioner aspires to improve the health of the community and is constantly promoting proactive health initiatives through healthcare settings such as a doctor’s office, clinics, and primary care centers.
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program, with the Family NP specialty, is a very notable and recognized nursing program throughout South Florida. Through this program you will:
- Experience personalized attention from faculty to ensure grasp of course curriculum
- Work with professional patients to gain hands-on experience with clinical exams such as the pelvic and prostate exams
- Have classes once a week in order to fit your busy schedule
- Be eligible to sit for Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Exam (ANCC and AANP)
- Receive a 30% tuition discount if you are already a registered nurse
- Advanced pathophysiology, advanced pharmacology, and advanced health assessment / differential diagnosis specific for family nurse practitioners
- Advanced practice nursing skills in a primary healthcare setting across the life span.
- Leadership skills in creating ethical and socially responsible changes in the socio-political realm in which healthcare is delivered
- Roles of clinical expert, leader, educator, consultant, and client advocate
The major focus of the MSN program is your clinical experience. You are required to complete a minimum of 500 hours of precepted clinical learning including practicum in your practice area of interest. Through this clinical experience, your will develop expertise for the management of individuals and their families across the wellness-illness continuum.