Online Doctoral Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Be a Certified OTR with a minimum of an earned MS degree from regionally accredited or internationally recognized institution.
- Graduate GPA of 3.2 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Satisfactory Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score. (The GRE Designated Institute Code assigned to Barry University OTCAS is 2207. The Educational Testing Service (ETS) will transmit your official GRE scores electronically to the OTCAS if you designate our program as a score recipient).
- In addition to the writing tips on the OTCAS, your personal statement should also address your motivation to apply, personal and professional strengths, contributions to the discipline, and commitment to succeed in the program.
- Minimum of 6 months clinical experience post-graduation and/or certification.
- Acknowledgment of competence in use of distance technology.
- You must submit a TOEFL/IELTS examination score if your university/college degree is from an institution in which English is not the language of instruction. There are two versions of the TOEFL: The paper-based test score ranges from 310 to 677. Barry University requires 550 at the graduate level. The Internet-based test (iBT) score ranges from 0 to 120. Barry University requires require 79 at the graduate level. Barry University requires a 6.5 on the IELTS.
- International students must be certified OTRs with MS equivalent from internationally recognized institution.
- Interview required.
- Three professional letters of recommendation through OTCAS.