David M. Kopp, PhD, CPLP, SPHR
Chair, Organizational Learning & Leadership and Human Resource Development Department
PhD, Human Resource Development, Barry University
MBA, Management, University of Orlando
BS, Business Administration, University of Louisville
AAS, Production Management, University of Louisville
Dr. Kopp joined Barry University in 2002 and, in addition to academia, works with both profit and non-profit organizations focusing on leadership, strategic planning, organizational change and performance improvement. He is currently writing the textbook Human Resource Development: Peformance Throught Learning due out the fall of 2014 and published by Bridgepoint Education. Dr. Kopp is one of the few academics who holds the CPLP credential (Certified Professional in Learning and Performance) with ASTD. He was also Dr. Shaquille O'Neal's doctoral advisor.View youtube video.
Selected Peer - Reviewed Publications
- Guterman, J.T., Martin, C.V., & Kopp, D.M. (2012). Science and humanities: A necessary unity for the counseling profession. Journal of Humanistic Counseling. October 2012. Volume 51:145-154.
- Kopp, D.M., Nikolovska, I., Desiderio, K.P., Guterman, J.T. (2011) 'Relax, I remember the recession in the early 1980s…': Organizational Storytelling as a crisis management tool. Human Resource Development Quarterly, Autumn 2011, Volume: 22(3): 373-385.
- Kopp, D.M., Desiderio, K.P., McAtavey, J.M. (2010) When job aids attack: On the social history of dubious job aids. Human Resource Development Quarterly, 21(2): 209-221.
- Kopp, D.M, Desiderio, K.P. (2009) Training's woeful countenance. Human Resource Development Quarterly, 20(1): 135-142.
- Kopp, D.M. (2007). Rosie the riveter: A training perspective. Human Resource Development Quarterly, 18(4):589-597.
- Kopp, D.M. (2006). Trainer self-loathing? Human Resource Development Quarterly,17 (3): 351-357.
- Kopp, D.M. (2005). Effective CDE, Ineffective CDE: What's the difference? The Diabetes Educator 31: 641-647.
- Kopp, D.M. (2003). Linking differences in self-directed learning to dyadic conflict: An instrumental case study of John Lennon and Paul McCartney within the Beatles. In H.B. Long & Associates (Ed.), Current developments in e-learning and self-directed learning. (pp. 56-74). Boynton Beach, FL: Motorola University.
- Kopp. D.M. (2014). Human Resource Development: Peformance Throught Learning. San Diego: Bridgepoint Education (in press - projected publication Fall 2014).
Selected Academic Presentations
- O'Neal, S, Kopp, D.M. (2013) Half-serious 70% of the time. 3rd North East Texas Humor Research Conference (NETHRC). Southern Methodist University Campus in Dallas, TX.
- Kopp, D.M. & Nikolovska, I. (2011) "Relax, I remember the recession in the early 1980s…" Organizational Storytelling as a crisis management tool. Proceedings of The Challenges to Economic Theory and Policy in the Aftermath of the Global Economic Crisis" at Ss. Cyril and Methodius University. Skopje, Macedonia.
- Kopp, D.M, Desiderio, K.P., McAtavey, J.M. (2010) When job aids attack: On the social history of dubious job aids. Proceedings of the Academy of Human Resource Development 20109 International Research Conference. Knoxville. TN.
- Kopp, D.M & Desiderio, K.P. (2009) Training’s woeful countenance. T. Chermak, J. Storberg-Walker, C. Carroll, (Eds.), Proceedings of the Academy of Human Resource Development 2009 International Research Conference. Washington, D.C.
- Kopp, D.M (2007) Rosie the riveter: A training perspective. F. M., Nafukho & T. Chermak (Eds.), Proceedings of the Academy of Human Resource Development 2007 International Research Conference. Indianapolis, Indiana.