Join the O-Team
Are you looking for leadership opportunities? Do you want to build lasting relationships with other students? Do you want to leave your mark at Barry University? If you're ready to learn, lead, grow and serve… Become an Orientation Leader!
Becoming an Orientation Leader is an exciting opportunity to not only build leadership experience, but to also become a role model for incoming students. You will provide some of the first experiences incoming students will enjoy during their first days at Barry.
Why Join the O-Team?
- Become a student leader
- Teambuilding experiences
- Help new students
- Make a difference on campus
- Be a role model
- Work with other leaders on campus
- Network and build friendships
- Enhance your résumé
- Have fun!
- Assist new students and their families during orientation
- Create a positive experience for students as they transition to Barry University
- Serve as a positive role model for new students and their families
- Act as a resource person at orientation
- Become knowledgeable about the university through training sessions
- Assist in preparation, implementation, evaluation, and follow-up of New Student Orientation
- Serve as the interactive powerhouse during orientation
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- All applicants must have, and maintain, a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5
- All applicants must have at least 12 semester hours of college course-work completed, preferably at Barry.
- Applicants must not be on university probation before or for the duration of their term in any position
- Applicants must be full-time enrolled students
- Recommendation forms from two current Barry University faculty or staff members must be completed and submitted (student and/or peer recommendations are not acceptable)
- Applicants must answer ALL questions on the application
For more information about becoming an Orientation Leader, please contact Renee Fellinger, Coordinator of New Student Orientation and First Year Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.