Orientation comes in two informative parts Barry 101 and New Student Orientation. Combined, both of these help you understand what it means to become a Barry Buccaneer and “Live a Barry Life” before classes start. You will learn about university resources and get to know your way around campus. You will enjoy team-building activities, workshops, and information sessions all designed to enhance your experience at Barry. You will have all the information you need to Live a Barry Life.
The dates below ARE REQUIRED for all new students with less than 30 credit hours.
Barry 101 has been designed to give you the opportunity to get a head start on your new life as a Buccaneer. You will be able to, first and foremost, receive academic advising and register for your classes. Also, you will able to:
- Find out what we offer, what you need to get done this summer, and how to best prepare for enrollment at Barry University
- Speak with Housing & Residence Life and find out what to bring and what not to bring.
- Meet with Financial Aid so they can let you know what your package will be, what your bill will be, and how to make payments
- Get your student ID and choose a meal plan
- Register your vehicle
- Submit immunization records and learn about our Student Health Insurance plan
- Once you are registered for classes, you can buy or rent your books
The dates for Barry 101 are as follows:
June 9th, 2018 at 8:00am Check In at Landon Student Union
June 20th, 2018 at 8:00am Check In at Landon Student Union
June 27th – 29th, 2018 at 1:00pm Check In at Landon Student Union. This Barry 101 is an overnight designed for students coming from out of town.
August 21st -23rd, 2018 at 9:00an Check In at Weber Grand Hall
Please sign up for a Barry 101 through your student portal so we can reserve your space.
New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation focuses on life at Barry University. During Orientation you will learn about Barry traditions, campus culture, and have the opportunity to engage in social activities. We hope that during Orientation you will make connections to other new students and create relationships that will support you through your Barry journey.
August 23rd, 2018 – Move In & Check In for students who have attended Barry 101.
Weber Grand Hall 9:00am- 5:00pm
(All New & Transfer Students residing on campus are required to move in between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
August 24th, 2018 - Check in for Commuter Students. Landon Student Union.