International students attending Barry University in the fall will attend New Student Orientation in August. If the student is attending Barry in the spring, orientation is in January. Orientation is a two-and-a-half-day program for students to experience a smooth transition to college life. Become acquainted with campus and the many different services Barry University has to offer.
If you have chosen to live in a residence hall on campus, move-in day will be the first day of orientation. You will be able to organize your living space to make it your own, as well as meet other incoming students to start building those lifetime friendships. We strongly suggest that you come a day earlier to ensure you are able to move in on time so you don't miss out on all the orientation festivities.
**Please note that the below date ARE REQUIRED for all new students with less than 30 credit hours
- August 16th – Move In (All New Student residing on campus are required to move in between 10:00am – 4:00pm)
- August 17th – Class Registration & International Orientation
- August 18th – Registration and advising will take place until 12:00pm. Beginning at 1:00pm, after lunch, you will get to know all the resource Barry has to offer and most importantly meet the class of 2021!
- August 19th – Start your Saturday morning with breakfast in Roussell Dining Hall and then some Team Building Activities with the Class of 2021 as we kick off Weeks of Welcome and you get your official class shirt!
- August 20th – New Student Investiture is the official welcoming ceremony for new students to Barry University Schedules