CCP 176: Income Tax Planning
This course emphasizes the fundamentals of individual income taxation, the tax implications of various types of businesses, tax-advantaged investments, employee compensation issues and planning, alternative minimum tax, tax traps, and more.
Refer to the more detailed topic list in CFP Board’s Guide to CFP® Certification.
- Topic 32: Income tax law fundamentals
- Topic 33: Tax compliance
- Topic 34: Income tax fundamentals and calculations
- Topic 35: Characteristics and income taxation of business entities
- Topic 36: Income taxation of trusts and estates
- Topic 37: Basis
- Topic 38: Tax consequences of the disposition of property
- Topic 39: Alternative minimum tax (AMT)
- Topic 40: Tax reduction/management techniques
- Topic 41: Passive activity and at-risk rules
- Topic 42: Tax implications of special circumstances
- Topic 43: Charitable contributions and deductions