CCP 174: Insurance Planning
This course is designed to acquaint students with the principles of risk management and various types of insurance including casualty, fire, health, life, auto, home, and disability. The principles taught prepare students to identify a client’s risk exposure and select appropriate risk management techniques.
Refer to the more detailed topic list in CFP Board’s Guide to CFP® Certification.
- Topic 13: Principles of risk and insurance
- Topic 14: Analysis and evaluation of risk exposures
- Topic 15: Health insurance and health care cost management (individual)
- Topic 16: Disability income insurance (individual)
- Topic 17: Long‐term care insurance (individual)
- Topic 18: Annuities
- Topic 19: Life insurance (individual)
- Topic 20: Income taxation of life insurance
- Topic 21: Business uses of insurance
- Topic 22: Insurance needs analysis
- Topic 23: Insurance policy and company selection