CCP 173: General Principles of Financial Planning
This course is designed to introduce students to the financial planning process. This course focuses on the general principles required to become a successful planner which includes the ethics of the profession as well as the knowledge and skills to prepare a financial plan.
Refer to the more detailed topic list in CFP Board’s Guide to CFP® Certification.
- Topic 1: Financial planning process
- Topic 2: Financial statements
- Topic 3: Cash flow management
- Topic 4: Financing strategies
- Topic 5: Function, purpose, and regulation of financial institutions
- Topic 6: Education planning
- Topic 7: Financial planning for special circumstances
- Topic 8: Economic concepts
- Topic 9: Time value of money concepts and calculations
- Topic 10: Financial services regulations and requirements
- Topic 11: Business law
- Topic 12: Consumer protection laws