Many supervisors have had little training in supervisory skills; they may have been promoted from being a “super worker” to “supervisor.” This program will focus on developing leadership skills in those who hold supervisory positions but have not had formal training in management. These employees will learn how to manage their subordinates effectively and better meet the goals of their departments.
Skills necessary for mentoring, coaching and relationship building will include:
- Behavior modification and reinforcement techniques
- Connecting employee wants to organizational goals
- Managing previous co-workers
- Delegation of work
- Matching needs to rewards
- Performance appraisal
- Decision making and problem solving.
The topics listed for each subject are typical examples. The specific training content and time duration can be customized to meet your precise needs.