SHRM & Human Resources
Advance Your HR Career
Barry University SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Human Resource Certifications
Establish yourself as a globally–recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®). These certifications can open doors for professional advancement and signal to employers advanced knowledge and expertise in human resources. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success.
Barry University has partnered with SHRM to offer SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP preparation programs. Students can prepare for either certification exam through either:
- Class every other Saturday in a traditional classroom setting at the Miami Shores Barry University campus for 10-weeks.
- An online format with weekly live lecture and Q&A in a condensed structure to fit any schedule for 10-weeks.
Ideal for those who prefer a structured learning environment. Benefits of the Barry University Program:
- One on one instruction provides for more comprehensive learning and longer retention of information—all at a manageable pace to lead you to success on the exam.
- Combines expert instruction with SHRM certified full time faculty who are experienced in teaching the SHRM Learning System.
- Acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies which originate from the SHRM BoCK to help you prepare for the exam.
- Engage in peer discussions to help reinforce learning materials and hear from others' real-life experiences.
- Convenient classroom instruction in Miami Shores or online instruction.
- Take advantage of potential tuition reimbursement from your employer.
Upcoming schedule for Barry University SHRM SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP classes
- 16/C4 CCP-101-BO – Online course meets Tuesdays from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM starts 09/12/2016 thru 11/19/2016 with Dr. Marousek
- 16/C4 CCP-101-B1 – traditional class setting course meets Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM starts 09/17/2016 thru 11/15/2016 with Dr. Meloun
- 17/C1 CCP-101-BO – Online course meets Tuesdays from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM starts 2/06/2017 thru 4/10/2017 with Dr. Marousek
- 17/C1 CCP-101-B1 – traditional class setting course meets Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM starts 02/18/2017 thru 04/29/2017 with Dr. Meloun
Certification and Testing Information:
Please review the following links to SHRM to determine your SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Eligibility, the testing windows, and more information about SHRM certification.
For more information please contact: 305-981-5148 or email PACEINSTITUTE@barry.edu.
HRCI Recertification Credits:
In partnership with MindEdge, a software company in Boston, MA, we are pleased to offer the following interactive, self-paced on-line continuing education courses approved for recertification hours through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) and the Society for Human Management (SHRM).
As you register for these on-line continuing education courses, you will be re-directed to MindEdge.
Certificate in HR Management HRCI: 14 credits SHRM: 14 credits CEU’s: 3 credits
Compensation HRCI: 3.5 credits SHRM: 3.5 credits
Employee Selection HRCI: 3 credits SHRM: 3 HRCI: 3.5 credits
Equal Employment Opportunity HRCI: 2.5 credits SHRM: 2.5 credits CEU’s: .5 credits
Performance Management HRCI: 3 credits SHRM: 3 credits CEU’s: .5 credits
Talent Management & Career Development HRCI: 2 credits SHRM: 2 credits CEU’s: .5 credits
2016-2017 SHRM Schedule:
LOCATIONS & DATES
SHRM – CCP 101 B1
SHRM – CCP 101 B1
SHRM – CCP-101-BO
SHRM - CCP-101-B1