Why Choose Barry University?
The physician assistant profession ranks high in today’s economy.
- Forbes.com ranked physician assistant first in its list of best master’s degree for jobs
- CNNMoney.com ranked PA as number two on its “best jobs in America” list.
- U. S. News & World Report ranked the PA profession as one of the “50 best careers” of 2011.
- Kiplinger’s named PA as one of its “great careers for your future.”
The U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics project that PA will be the second fastest growing health occupation between 2008 and 2018.
The program is dedicated to producing ethical, caring, and well-prepared physician assistants. As a PA student, you will spend part of your training in underserved and disadvantaged communities, with an emphasis on primary care. The program also works to give you sufficient knowledge of scientific research design and statistics to read and intelligently interpret medical literature.
Barry University’s Mission includes the core commitments of knowledge and truth; inclusive community; social justice; and collaborative service which are reinforced in the program curriculum.
We have affiliation agreements with such hospitals as:
- All Children’s Hopsital
- Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Aventura Hospital and Medical Center
- Baptist Hospital of Miami
- Bay Pines VA Medical Center
- Cleveland Clinic
- Florida Hospital
- Gov. Juan F Luis Hospital & Medical Center
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute
- Holy Cross Hospital
- Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital
- Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville)
- Miami Children's Hospital
- Miami VA Healthcare System
- Morton Plant Hospital
- Schneider Regional Medical Center
- Shriners Hospitals for Children
- St. Thomas East End Medical Center