Charles C. Southerland Jr. D.P.M.
Podiatric Orthopedics & Biomechanics
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery (Foot & Ankle)
- American Board of Podiatric Medicine
- American Board of Disability Analysts (Senior Disability Analyst)
- American Academy of Wound Management (Certified Wound Care Specialist)
- American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
- American College of Wound Care Specialists
- Hialeah Hospital
- Palmetto General Hospital
- Jackson North Hospital
- California College of Podiatric Medicine, San Francisco, CA (class of 1983)
- Residency: Southeastern Medical Center (1983-1984)
- Fellowship: Southeastern Medical Center (1985-1987)
- Professor of Podiatric Orthopedics & Biomechanics, Barry University
- 2003-2013. Ethics and Credentials Committee.
- 2014. Medical Executive Committee.
- 2001-2005. Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- 2000-2003. ER Services Committee
- 1991-1995. Faculty Senate.
- 2010. Rank and Promotion Committee.
- 2013. Dean Selection Committee (Health Sciences).
- 1988-1996, 2013-2014. Curriculum Committee.
- 1987–2014. Academic Committee.
- 1987-2010. Executive Advisory Committee.
- 1988-1996. Test Committee Member - National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners, Princeton.
- 1995-2008, 2012-2014. Florida State Department of Workman’s Compensation – Expert Medical Advisor.
- 1988-1996. State Board Podiatric Medical Examination Committee, Florida Podiatric Medical Association: Designated AACPM liaison to coordinate activities between AACPM and FPMA.
- Southerland, C. (2002). Arthroscopic reconstruction of the Unstable ankle. In M Nyska, & G Mann (eds). Chapter 30. The Unstable Ankle. Human Kinetics Publishers.
- Vito. G., Pacheco, M., Southerland, C., Rodriguez, R., Thompson, D. (2005). A new solution for the arthritic ankle: Podiatry Today; 18 (12); 36-43.
- Southerland, C., Feldman, M. (2007). Subtalar Arthroereisis in place of Subtalar Fusion for Subtalar Joint Arthridities: The “Feldman Procedure”. Doctors Hospital Update. 1-4.
- Southerland, C., Highlander, P. (2011). Buerger’s Disease (Thromboangiitis Obliterans): A Clinical Diagnosis. Skin & Wound Care International. 24 (1): 15-17.
- Southerland, C. (2012) Integumentary lines of influence on the foot. Their importance in incision planning and grafting. Foot and Ankle Quarterly “Anatomic Updates of the Foot and Ankle”. 22 (1): 1-11.
- Wilson, T.C., Snyder, R.J., Southerland C. (2012) Bullosis Diabeticorum: Is there a correlation between hyperglycemia and this symptomatology? Wounds. 24(12):350–355.
Scientific and Research Presentations:
- Southerland, CC. (2005, 2006, 2007). 7 Theorems of Compensation in the Human Lower Extremity, Gait Analysis using Homunculus for recording Observations, Use of Orthotic Devices for Pes Anserine Bursitis, Methods of determining NCSP for Clinical Measurement. PFOLA (Prescription Foot Orthotics Laboratory Association) Annual Conference(s); Fremont CA, Vancouver Canada, Miami FL,
- Southerland, CC. (2010).7 Theorems of Compensation in the Lower Limb, Biomechanics of Medial Knee Pain, The Role of Gait Analysis in Orthotic Prescription Determinations, Understanding the significance of NCSP and its role in Functional Orthoses, Orthotic Prescriptions for Clinical Pathomechanics; Canadian Biomechanics Summer Seminar August 13-14, 2010- Nottawasaga Inn Resort, Toronto, Canada
- Southerland, CC. (2013) Wound Classification and Use of Grafts & NPWT in Diabetic Limb Salvage. National Podiatric Medical Association Annual Educational and Scientific conference: June 26-30 2013. At the Conrad Hotel, Miami, Florida.