The applicant to the M.A. in Practical Theology and Ministry program must present satisfactory evidence of the following:
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution or A.T.S. with at least a 3.0 grade point average (see College of Arts and Sciences requirements).
- Sufficient undergraduate preparation or life experience, usually 18 hours of undergraduate theology/religious studies or equivalency.
- Theology Assessment, administered online by the program director
- A completed application
- An interview with members of the Graduate Theology Committee
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Writing samples: 1) Letter of intent; 2) Previously submitted academic text
- Access to distance learning resources and technology
Please note: Provisional acceptance may be granted on an individual basis.
With the approval of the Departmental Chair, you may transfer a maximum of six graduate semester hours of equivalent credits in Religious Studies or Theology from another regionally accredited college or university. You must have maintained a GPA of 3.0 and taken the credits within the past seven years for the transfer to be approved.
If you have any questions regarding the admission requirements or transfer of credits for the Master's in Practical Theology and Ministry, please feel free to contact us online or you can call us at 305-899-3469 or 1-800-756-6000, ext. 3469.