Admission Requirements. To be admitted to Barry University's Master of Arts in Practical Theology, you must have:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited or internationally recognized institution with at least a 3.0 grade point average
- Sufficient undergraduate preparation, or life experience, usually 18 credit-hours of undergraduate theology or religious studies or relevant life experience
- A minimum score of 40 on the Miller Analogies Test or 1000 on the G.R.E.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- An interview with the members of the Graduate Theology Committee (when possible)
Please note: Provisional acceptance may be granted on an individual basis.
Transfer Credits. With the approval of the Departmental Chair, you may transfer a maximum of six graduate semester hours of equivalent credits in Religious Studies or Theology from another regionally accredited college or university. You must have maintained a GPA of 3.0 and taken the credits within the past seven years for the transfer to be approved.
Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding the admission requirements or transfer of credits for the Master's in Practical Theology and Ministry, please feel free to contact us online or you can call us at 305-899-3469 or 1-800-756-6000, ext. 3469.