Veronica Koperski, PhD, STD
Professor of Theology
Born in Detroit Michigan , Veronica Koperski received her BA from Madonna University in Michigan , MA degrees in English Literature and Theology from the University of Notre Dame, an MA in Religious Studies, STL, PhD, and STD degrees from the Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium.
She has taught undergraduate and/or graduate classes at Madonna University, SS. Cyril & Methodius Seminary, and Barry University and has regularly presented papers at national and international meetings.
Her research interests include all areas of the New Testament as well as the Old Testament wisdom literature. She also has published a number of poems.
- The Knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord. The High Christology of Philippians 3:7-11, Contributions to Biblical Exegesis and Theology 16, Kampen: Kok Pharos, 1996.
- What are they saying about Paul and the Law?, Mahwah, NJ : Paulist, 2001.
- "Feminist Concerns and the Authorial Readers in Philippians," Louvain Studies 17 (1992) 269-292.
- "Textlinguistics and the Integrity of Philippians: A Critique of Wolfgang Schenk's Arguments for a Compilation Hypothesis," Ephemerides theologicae lovanienses 68 (1992) 331-367.
- "The Early History of the Dissection of Philippians," Journal of Theological Studies 44 (1993) 599-603.
- "Luke 10:38-42 and Acts 6:1-7: Women and Discipleship in the Literary Context of Luke-Acts" in A Feminist Companion to Luke-Acts, Amy-Jill Levine, ed., Sheffield, UK: Sheffield Academic Press, 2002, pp. 169-206.
- "Philippians," " Philemon," and " Captivity Epistles " in New Catholic Encyclopedia, 2nd ed., Detroit, MI /Washington, DC: Thomson-Gale Group/Catholic University of America, 2003.
- "To Warrington Parker " (Poetry), SIGN National Catholic Magazine (September, 1972), p. 43.
- "Holy Ground," " Christmas 1989," " January 21 " (Poetry), The Christmas Cycle, Blair Gilmer Meeks and Virginia Sloyan, eds., Silver Spring, MD: The Liturgical Conference, 1991 (Vol. 9, no. 3 of Liturgy).
- "John 20:1-2, 11-18," " Is redness round . . .," " John 15: The Raising of Lazarus," " Christmas 1986 " (Poetry), And at the last, Blair Gilmer Meeks, ed., Silver Spring, MD: The Liturgical Conference, 1992 (Vol. 10, no. 3 of Liturgy).