Barry University’s Command Decision Team is currently monitoring the path of Tropical Storm Isaac. At this time, the St. Croix site has announced it has closed and will remain closed until further notice; all other Barry University sites remain under normal operating conditions.
While there is no immediate threat of a storm, the possibility of one still remains. As such, to assist with the immediate dissemination of official Barry University emergency announcements, all students, faculty and staff are encouraged to verify that their emergency contact information is up-to-date. You can verify and/or update your information through WebAdvisor. Please take the time to login to WebAdvisor and review/verify/update your contact information so that notices can be sent to you in a timely manner using the University’s emergency notification system.
- After logging into WebAdvisor, click “Emergency Contact Information” under the Communication Section, or login directly to it by clicking here.
- List all your phone numbers (cell, work, home) that you would like to receive emergency voice notifications
- NOTE: To ensure that you receive Barry’s emergency TEXT messages, you must select “Cell With Texting” (not just “Cell”)
- Provide additional email addresses (besides your Barry email), should you wish to receive emergency emails at these personal addresses.
In the event of an actual emergency, notifications and alerts will be broadcast immediately via a combination of any of the following communication channels:
- Electronic on-campus signage
- Recorded phone/voice message
- Barry’s on-campus emergency public address system.
We also encourage you to familiarize yourself with Barry’s emergency policies and procedures by visiting the following web sites:
Faculty and staff, please note: If you are not planning on being on campus the remainder of this week, and do not wish to return to campus [should the storm approach South Florida], please pack up—and take--your office valuables with you. All faculty and staff are also encouraged to prepare your respective offices. Visit http://www.barry.edu/prepare/plan-at-work/individual-responsibilities.html for additional information.
Our next update will be 1 p.m. tomorrow [Thursday, August 23].